A: No. Just as your company has certain criteria for working with customers, we like to make sure NewPoint is a fit for your company’s needs and/or goals.
A: Absolutely. Sales is always first on our list and we consider supporting the sales team a high priority. This translates into presentation, sales and tradeshow materials that package marketing initiatives and research into presentations focused on making the case for your product line appealing to the retail or foodservice buyer to get your product listed.
- Q: My company has never worked with a professional marketing firm. What do I need to know or consider before contacting NewPoint?
A: Consider these 2 things: what are specific goals for your company or brand and have you set aside a budget? This is probably not you, but some companies we talk to have not put a specific number on growth or considered what it may cost to get there.
A: Every relationship begins with a conversation. We may be industry experts and in-demand strategists and marketers but we will need to learn all about your specific company, products, sales, distribution history and goals. Looking at the big picture, we break things down into 3 buckets:
- Discovery and research, or NewPoint Brand Reconnaissance™—a little research project on your team, your company and your specific market. We typically do a SWOT analysis and identify market opportunities for your company.
- Strategy, planning and development, or Brand Advantage™ Positioning Strategy and Creative platform
- Implementation and analysis, or NewPoint Brand Growth™ business development and tactical marketing plan
A: Not if you consider the ROI of expanding new product placement to new customers.
A: Not at this early stage. Every category, company, brand and budget is different. To ensure success, your marketing plan will be custom developed to address these issues and more.
A: Sometimes. Evaluating retail packaging is an important part of our discovery process. Product packaging must do a lot of hard work on a store shelf. Not only does it have to present the product and sell like an ad or a POP display, the look needs to match the price point (or perceived value), while competing against all the other products it shares the shelf with.
A: Yes. We consider your brand website to be the hub of your business and social media a primary way to engage with your audience.
- Q: Will you ever do individual projects? I know what I want, can I jump to one of the Brand Growth tactical executions (or other) elements without going through the whole program?
A: Yes, if…
- You are transitioning from a comparable marketing relationship
- Time or budget only allow a “kick-start” campaign to take advantage of a special customer opportunity
- Or other…we know every situation is different—let’s talk!
A: Seamlessly. Collaboration is key to success whether we are running the whole program or supporting in-house efforts. Typically, our team looks to augment and build on the skillsets and expertise your in-house marketing brings to the table.
A: NewPoint evolved from and retains the 45-year-old DNA of idc marketing; a full service strategic marketing and branding firm founded in 1972. Close to 4 decades of success in the food industry has led to a deeper focus and concentration in the category…and now, to NewPoint Marketing. The core values remain: like idc marketing, NewPoint is in the business of growing your business. We are extremely fortunate to have worked with a wide range of emerging and established brands in the food industry. A partial list can be seen here.
A: You are more than welcome to peruse the work we share on this website. Our average client relationship is measured in years, if not decades, so we do not give out the contact information of our clients very often. We have a feeling you’d want the same courtesy if you become a NewPoint client.
A: NewPoint is a team of passionate marketing strategists and creatives who deliver the food marketing solutions we deliver to our clients. We also rely on our tight network of deliberately preferred partners to help us complete our work. Everything NewPoint creates is subject to exacting quality control processes before our clients see it.
Start with a Brand Reconnaissance Report
This one-time, entry-level buy—with no further contractual obligation—provides a timely category analysis relative to your niche in the food industry.
It’s where every smart marketing strategy begins.