With around 2.3 billion users, it makes sense that Facebook was polled as the most critical platform for marketers. It has become a necessity to use social media as a food brand marketing tool, and Facebook is a great place to start. According to Social Media Examiner’s 2019 Social Media Marketing Industry Report:
- 94% of marketers use Facebook
- Sixty-one percent of marketers claim Facebook is their most important social platform.
- 72% of marketers use Facebook ads.
- 59% plan on increasing their use of Facebook ads over the next 12 months. According to Social Media Examiner, Facebook Ads have the highest return on investment of any social media platform. This is the reason why 72% of marketers use Facebook as a platform for their ads.
There is a reason that marketers consistently choose Facebook to run their ads on. Facebook has been established longer than both Twitter and Instagram, so marketers have a good idea of what they are going to get when they use Facebook. Facebook has many tools to help marketers reach their target audience, such as:
- Demographic targeting by age, location, education, and interests.
- The ability to set ad budgets.
- Ad testing, in which multiple ad versions can be run at the same time to find the best performing set up.
- Built-in ad performance measurement tools.
If you have any questions or would like to learn more about NewPoint, please reach out to the NewPoint team — interested in more food marketing topics? Please visit our “Intel” page or check out the book: Moving Your Brand Up the Food Chain.